Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bored

You know you’re officially a grown up when having a weekend with nothing to do makes you happy.

I remember as a kid I would always complain about being bored. I don’t remember what my parents would tell me exactly but I’m pretty sure it was something like, “I’m sure you can find something to play with all of those toys you have.” There have only been a few times when J has complained about having nothing to do (L is not old enough to know what bored is just yet) and I find myself sounding eerily like my mother.  I found this idea on pinterest and am planning on using it when the time is right!


I, on the other hand, welcome the night or weekend where there is nothing on the schedule and I can sit and do absolutely nothing (well, if you consider nothing watching tv, pinning, blogging and having a glass of wine). As I’ve shared, hubby and I have had six weekends of Friday and Saturday night activities, so this weekend we were almost giddy to have NOTHING on the calendar (well, nothing except the in-laws in town, a Friday night football game, a Saturday morning soccer game and a pumpkin patch outing). Even though I wasn’t bored this weekend, I did find time for a little nap (it is so awesome when all three of my children nap at the same time!).

I actually think that I don’t know how to just sit still anymore. I tried to do it once this weekend and it lasted for about 90 seconds before I started thinking about all of the things around the house that needed to be done. That was the end of quiet time for mommy. I’m not sure when I acquired this affliction or if it has a cure. I’m not sure if all moms have this same problem but I’m pretty sure I’d be bothered by all of the things that are not done if I were to sit still and do nothing.

Lessons I learned today:
·         It is possible to take three children out to dinner and enjoy it!
·         I still haven’t outgrown naps.
·         I wouldn’t be as peaceful if I allowed myself to be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment