Monday, July 25, 2011

Back to the Days of Pooh

…the last line in probably my favorite song by Kenny Loggins, ‘Return to Pooh Corner’.  Little did I realize that it would be my theme song for today (unfortunately).

I will spare you the details, but let’s just say that I had my fair share of wiping rear ends today (and other body parts --- don’t ask!). Fortunately, my husband was home this morning for the worst one (the one that ended up North of the ‘Mason-Dixon’) so he was 1) able to enjoy the joys of clean-up and 2) realized that I’m not paid nearly enough for my new ‘job’.

We ventured to the library today to see a magician perform (a first for my kids). It was very fun to see J watch in wonder as the magic was performed. The real magic, however; happened when the bunny got in on the action – deciding to relieve himself in the middle of the act (before he was revealed to the crowd causing quite a stir among the children). At least the dove didn’t feel a need to join our ‘pooh party’ today (even though E & L both decided it was a good idea to go #2 at the library!).

Today is my dad’s birthday (Happy Birthday Dad!!) so we joined them for dinner (a delicious meal – maybe more delicious because I didn’t cook?).  Even though my dad and baby brother (yes, he is a baby at 17 years old), were pooped from a long weekend of baseball up North, it is always fun to see my kids interact with their grandparents, aunt & uncle. And, of course, all three of my kids needed to go #2 while we were there --- causing some contagious laughter from the peanut gallery (i.e. those that hadn’t been wiping rear ends all day!).

While I had intended to write about my very well-planned Monday filled with everything about Magic (inspired  by our scheduled trip to the library to see the magician) – including 2 books about magic (that I just happened to have on hand (I LOVE children’s books)) and a craft involving decorating our very own magic wands, I felt compelled to write about my ‘crappy day’. I mean, how could I resist; my day ended EXACTLY as it had begun.

Hoping that everyone has gotten it out of their systems and tomorrow’s activities will be much more ‘fresh’ (while I was tempted to take pictures of today’s activities I’m sure you  appreciate my restraint).

Lessons I learned today:
·         Bringing donuts to the gym helps 2 year olds acclimate to day care (I am so not above bribes!).
·         A Pekingese and Shih tzu mix is affectionately called a Pika-shit. (I received a phone call last night asking if I wanted to adopt one (Not kidding. Maybe I should have guessed what my day would have been like today?).
·         Some days give new meaning to the term ‘having a shitty day’.

No comments:

Post a Comment