Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Whine Party

Inspired by my bestie in Texas… today is being brought to you by the letter ‘W’.

Not only is it Wednesday, but it also happens to be wash day (for the bed linens at least --I have been mistaken for a structured, type-A woman and old habits are hard to break). This particular Wednesday happened to also be filled with lots of whining and, as luck would have it, a previously scheduled dinner for mommy (which happens to include wine!).

Once again L did not really appreciate mommy wanting to get fit and threw a major tantrum at the gym. This caused lots of attention paid to L (which, I’m pretty sure she was looking for all along) and many stares to her mommy (which I was not in favor of – especially since it was a crazy hot day and I was blessed with extra-productive sweat glands). Happy to say that she finally got over herself and decided to join the other kids in playland (not exactly sure what my reputation is around town, but at least I’ll be able to throw-down with anyone who wants to talk smack about my parenting skills).

No special crafts today and I really didn’t get to cross anything off my to-do list. I did manage to not beat my children (did I mention that they were all very short on sleep and suspect that L is on her way to another ear infection) and was sure to tell them each I loved them at naptime (which was a questionable emotion at that particular time). I’m just happy to have gotten through this day without any serious damage to my kids’ childhood memories or my ego.

While at dinner tonight with my friends, I was reminded of several lessons that I should remember on days like today:

·         I really am SO lucky to be able to stay at home with my children (lots of giggles, hugs and kisses today)
·         Wine is a medicinal treatment for SAHMs
·         Sleep is underrated!

That said, sweet dreams!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment