Saturday, July 23, 2011

Time flies!

It seems like time is speeding up – I suppose they (whoever they are) are right about things going faster as you age.  I can’t believe that I’ve known my husband for twelve years now (I remember the details of the day we met like it was just last weekend), and it feels like yesterday that my oldest was born (almost 4 years ago). Today E is four months old. It’s hard to believe that one year ago I was newly pregnant with her and wondering what life would be like with three kids under 4. Now I know! 

(Happy four month birthday!)

I am trying to be more present in my life (a lesson from Oprah), and remember the details of everyday moments since they seem to pass by so quickly. I used to be better at taking pictures to help document moments I wanted to remember and am trying to get back in to it. Here are some pictures that help me remember my kids' favorite things to do....
(E's birthday - 4 short months ago - J & L love their baby sister)

(L loves to play dress-up and help mommy clean)

(J loves baseball - it's pretty much all he plays and watches on TV)

I also try really hard to take notes in the kids’ baby books that I think are important to remember, or those that we will laugh about for years to come (like the time we drove by my work and J and I had the following conversation: Me – "There is mommy’s work. Why do I work?" J – "To make money." Me – "Why do we need money?" J – "To buy shoes." - at least he has is priorities straight!).
Tonight we had dinner with some good friends who used to live across the street from us. We hadn’t gotten together in over a year but we managed to pick up right where we left off.  I was reminded about all of the other special friendships and relationships I am lucky to have that have withstood the time and distance.

Lessons I’ve learned today:
·         Measure your luggage rack before going to buy a cargo carrier box or at least make sure you have the tool to adjust it (guess what phone call is going to be on Monday’s to-do list!).
·         My kids notice when I’m paying attention to them (and when I’m not).
·         Time flies when you’re having fun, best to pay attention or you’ll miss the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment