Thursday, July 21, 2011

Keeping Our Cool

The hardest part of this summer for me has been trying to figure out what I can do with all three kids. With the super-crazy heat we have been experiencing, it is hard to do anything outside.

Today started out pretty rocky and I made the executive decision to take a morning field trip to the park. We made it a bit later than I would have liked given the crazy heat and humidity we’ve had all week, but I was committed. Sounds like a bad joke but you know it’s hot when your son says several times  “mommy I’m so hot, I’m sweating soooo much” (yes, he was blessed with the same uber-productive sweat glands as his mommy and daddy).  Needless to say, our park outing did not last very long.
The coolest kid in the whole park today had to be E. After our first summer outing to the pool over Memorial Day weekend I knew I had to find something to help keep her cool or we would be stuck inside all summer. After some online research, I decided on this fan which has been a god-send for her (and her mommy) on many occasions. I actually bought two of them to help create a cross breeze (and to have one to share with everyone else in the family).

 (the best product to keep baby cool this summer (works well on the golf course too!) - http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536753).

I have to say that I didn’t keep my cool all day today --- despite ‘borrowing’ a fan from E and Frosty’s from Wendy’s (I’m sure it had nothing to do with my late wine night last night).  Today’s lessons include:
·         Going to Wendy’s for lunch was just as much fun for my kids as eating sandwiches cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.
·         2 ½ hour naps rock… now I just have to figure out how to make it a daily occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment