Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hello again

So sorry to all of my faithful followers for being away for so long. I been stuck in a period of crazy busy, combined with a bit of lazy and a touch of pinterest.com addiction. Anyway, things continue to move along in our house with the usual hiccups along the way.

Both J and L have started school… Alleluia. J started last week with a phase-in period, today was his first ‘full’ day (9am – 11:45am). L has her phase in this week and starts full time on Monday (M & W 9:30 – 11:30). So while I really don’t know what my ‘school-year’ life will be like quite yet, I must say I’m getting kinda excited!

During the last couple of weeks I have discovered that I have become incredibly unorganized (lost insurance cards exactly 1 day after getting them in the mail, sending L to a parent -only meeting with hubby 15 minutes after it started, can’t find a $50 GC – there are probably more but I haven’t figured it out yet). So today I started my ‘Get Yourself Organized’ Project. What is crazy is that I used to be incredibly organized and everyone who knows me thinks I still am. I know that I have high expectations for an organized home, especially with three little ones running around (all the more reason to organize EVERYTHING!). I’m starting with the home office area to help mitigate all the missing papers that seem to be plaguing me. This is the third time I’ve tried re-engineering this space and I’m hoping the last.  So far I’ve found the insurance cards (even though a duplicate set had already been received) and haven’t missed or misinterpreted any more meetings!

This past weekend we got to say ‘hello’ to some old friends from Texas (happy 40th to you both!). We threw a little party for the birthday boy and girl and with all that our family had going on, I outsourced most everything for this shindig. It was the only way I was going to be able to squeeze everything we wanted into this busy holiday weekend. The only thing I didn’t get done this weekend: enough sleep!

Today we also said hello to fall (at least for a few days). With 100 degrees on Thursday and 67 today, I’m hoping that we’re not going to welcoming any sicknesses anytime soon! With the falling temperatures I’m reminded how much I love this time of year and getting excited to decorate for autumn and winter!

Lessons I learned today:
·       Pack something for L to do while waiting in car line to drop off and pick up J each day.
·       Scheduling tv time during dinner making time – makes such a difference.
·       Finding the right way to getting organized is crucial to staying organized – fingers crossed I get it right this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment