Thursday, August 25, 2011

Groupies

I have groupies. I know, you’re jealous. They are my biggest fans. I’m thinking that they will be life-long fans. Although I have to admit, sometimes I wish they were someone else’s fans. Like when they come with me into the restroom, or after I have heard ‘mommy’ for the 100th time in one day (before 9am!).

Here is what I find interesting, I am a tough mom. I discipline regularly and I don’t think I am all that much fun (which daddy is). So at the end of the day, once daddy get’s home, why do they still want me? 

I love my kids (something I had to remind myself of several times today), and as I’ve said before – I want to be the first person they call when they are hurt, in trouble or want to give hugs (and kisses), but I reeeeaallly just want to be able to pee all by myself.

I guess kids understand all of the different displays of love and show their appreciation all. the .time. And really, I DO love my kids, more than anything. And I wouldn’t trade being home with them for anything (but I am still kinda excited about school starting next week!).

Lessons I learned today:
·       Jalapeno popper grilled cheese (grilled cheese with cream cheese and jalapenos) is DELICIOUS!
·       We need to start keeping better track of our library books. I do NOT want to pay the fine for a St. Patrick’s Day book (in August!).
·       Having a fan club really is quite cool (even if they do want to watch you pee).

No comments:

Post a Comment