Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rock Star

One thing I’ve never dreamed of being is a Rock Star. I admire many, adore some, and would support my kids if that is what they wanted to do. Interestingly, now that I don’t have to be dressed up and in the office each day, I seem to be channeling my inner-rock star. I swear that I have found one reason or another to party most nights and every weekend since I’ve been home. There are several issues with being a rock star, the biggest plaguing me currently are: not fitting into my skinny jeans, spending more money than usual on concealer for the major bags under my eyes, not getting enough time to write my blog and moving out of contention for Mother-of-the-Year.

Last weekend hubby and I went to Philly for a college friend’s wedding where we packed in pretty much everything we could. My sister and her beau are in town from CA this weekend and we are doing our best to show them a good time. And Thursday we go to spend the weekend relaxing at the Greenbrier to celebrate hubby’s big 4-0. I’m normally a planner (we already have our vacation booked for next summer) but with all of this partying I’m operating just-in-time which has been an interesting experiment (one I don’t want to repeat anytime soon). Friday night we showed up to one of my fav dinner spots in the city with a reso made online earlier in the week. The only problem – reso was for two people and there were four of us – oops. My last couple of weeks have been like this – which is a bit unnerving for a type-A planner like me.

Luckily my life as a party animal has come during the school year which means there isn’t as much pressure to plan daily activities for the little ones and (most importantly) I get to take advantage of nap time when my double life starts to catch up with me – which is important not only for my appearance but also helps me keep my patience with my kids (at least most of the time!).

I think I’m a bit too old to be leading this new life and looking forward to recharging my batteries next weekend in time for lots of fun family fall and winter activities.

Lessons I learned this week:
·       Moe’s Southwestern Grill caters a good meal for a 4-year-old birthday party
·       You have to be at the airport, with boarding pass and through security 30 minutes before your flight is scheduled to depart (yes, we learned this the hard way!)
·       Leading a double life as a SAHM and a rock star is exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment