Thursday, August 4, 2011

List Making

I am a list-maker. I make lists for everything. Sometimes I add stuff to my list that I’ve already done just so I can cross it off.

We’re getting ready to leave for vacation tomorrow and I started my lists last week. As all moms know, packing for little ones if HARD. There are 64 items of my ‘PACKING’ list and only 9 of them are clothing related – 14%. I have the ‘PACKING’ list, the ‘things to take in the car’ list and the ‘things to remember the morning we leave’ list. All together I have five lists (that’s not including the lists I’ve been making while we are ON vacation – which happen to be on the list of things to pack!).

The ironic part of it all is that I know that once we get to our destination, there will be something that I have forgotten! I suppose that if I were a really organized list maker, I would have something on my computer that I could print for each trip and add to as I forget things on each trip. Maybe next time. For now, off to make more lists!!
Lessons I learned today:
·        I need a new system of sorting my papers – second time in as many weeks that I couldn’t find something I was looking for.
·       I like the ‘idea’ of being organized but I’m finding it hard to have time to actually do it.
·       I need a list to keep track of all my lists!

1 comment:

  1. I can never claim to be the most organized person or have the cleanest desk in the world, but I can admit to having an excel spreadsheet called Packing List. Then I have a tab for the type of travel.. by car, airplane, and beach vacation. On each tab, each person gets a column and and a general column (and with a baby, an equipment column!) Also, I have a small area listing things to do that morning we leave, take garbage out etc. I print that out and check it off, then I bring it with me to make sure we don't forget stuff. We head out on our beach vacation next week and I'm just updating it! Glad you had a good time! We used to drive to a lake in Michigan from Rhode Island when we were kids for a lake vacation.

    ReplyDelete