Sunday, August 14, 2011

Welcome Home!

We had a wonderful time on Lake Michigan last week – really enjoying the 80 degree days and 60 degree nights (no AC, windows open). We spent some great time with our family and met some new friends too. During our car ride on the way home we all talked about our favorite parts of the week:

·         J – going under water and playing baseball on the beach

·         L – playing on the beach

·         E – didn’t really have much to say (being 4 ½ months and all), but I’m guessing she really liked being held all week

·         Me – playing with my kids every day

·         Hubby – Spending time with family and seeing his parents spend time with our kids

Lessons I learned while on vacation:

·       I completely forgot about all of the items on my to-do lists back at home. I even caught myself wondering how nice it would be to spend a summer not having to worry about all of the things that have to be done at home. Then I wondered if I stayed for a long(er) period of time if I’d just make a new to-do list at a different location (then I’d end up in a worse spot having two to-do lists, always having one I couldn’t do anything about when I was at the other place).
·       I spend several hours (too many really) a day watching tv. On vacation, I didn’t watch (nor did I have the desire to watch) any shows. I wonder if this was because I knew all of my shows were being taped on our DVR at home? Or, if I was too busy watching my kids play and the sunset to worry about it. (I’d like to think I’m evolved enough to blame it on the latter but I’m pretty sure it had a bit to do with the former too).
·        Having a beach literally outside your front door makes for HOURS of amusement for an almost 4 year old and a 2 year old. They will find all kinds of things to do in the sand; play baseball, dig with shovels, play trucks, build sand castles… They will also be crazy tired at the end of every day. I found myself wishing I had a beach at our home for those days (of which there seem to be many) I need help finding things for them to do.
·        I went to bed later than usual (having too much fun with my in-laws), woke up earlier (thanks to no curtains and the sunrise), only took one nap and didn’t seem very tired at all. I wonder if it was all the fresh air or just the fact that I was on vacation (and didn’t have a to-do list to wake up to) that gave me all the extra energy. Regardless, I wish I could bottle it!
·        Vacations really ARE all they are cracked up to be!

Here are some pics from our week:













No comments:

Post a Comment