Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Work it Out

So I have been doing really well with my exercise regime since May 4. Then vacation hit. I had big plans to go running a few times and even took my tension bands to keep my muscles up to snuff. Turns out the only thing I really worked out while on vacation was my liver. Needless to say, I wasn’t looking forward to getting back at it this morning. Interestingly my muscles remembered what they were supposed to do but my feet didn’t. Not surprisingly I was huffier than usual and thought to myself, “I’d better be careful that I don’t hurt myself being as tired as I am.’ I promise, 30 seconds after having that thought, I turned my ankle and down I went --- resulting in a lot of attention being paid to me; laying on the floor, sweaty, not looking my best! I bounced back and finished the workout a little more red in the face than before (which is hard to do considering how flushed I get).

Whenever J & L fight over a toy or argue about something, I tell them to ‘work it out’.  Very rarely do they actually find a solution to their problem. More often I end up sending them both to time out or taking the toy under debate. I chose this approach about a year ago after I found myself always asking J to concede because he was older. I was certain that he was not always in the wrong and that I was being unfair to him. While I’m not sure if my new approach is any better than before, I’m hoping that eventually they will be able to work it out without me.

As we approach the end of summer I’ve been working out our school year schedules. My reign as SAHM started during the summer so this new routine will be new to me. I’m guessing that I will welcome the busier days, the mandated structure and new adventures. Only a week and a half left!

Lessons I learned today:
·         10 days is too long to go without doing some sort of physical activity
·         Always accept an invitation to go to a friend’s pool (especially when there is a water slide)
·         Sometimes it takes patience, sometimes creativity, often it takes time but eventually we can work it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment